The byre was built in 1786. On the ground floor were earlier located a cowshed and a hen house. Also pigeons were reared in a room.
The byre got a new roof truss because it was sponsored by the state. The roof was just stocked up with the original roofing tiles. In the courtyard was built a footpath with stairs.
On the first upper floor is a kitchen, in the other part is a larger hall called “Die Heutenne”, where family celebrations and weddings with about 80 persons can take place (rent costs on request).
On this yard shall take place celebrations, which are of varying cultural natures. But above all, the performances will show Upper Sorbian, Low Sorbian and Slavic traditions. Therefore a sanitation facility was arranged.